Saturday, January 19, 2013

Breakfast of Champions



so we got in last night at about 9pm and our university supervisor Prahash picked us up from the airport with a smile and his son and took us to our apartments where the other two girls were there to greet us and help us in. After getting all of our luggage in Prakash handed us two bags of food, milk, and diet coke. He sat all five of us down and had a little meeting with us reminding us to be safe and letting us know that we would all be checking into our schools the next day (today!). After Prakash left, all of us girls sat in the Alabama girls room and relaxed and talked about the adventures they have had so far since they got here a couple days before we did. Prakash was sweet enough to bring us some food so Nicole and I checked it out and I would describe them as mud or beef pot pies. They were little pies wrapped in foil and when we broke them apart a beef stew substance poured out but without any familiar foods or veggies in it. If anyone knows me they know that I am not a big meat eater and I will not eat anything myself or someone else cannot identify. So we picked at the french fries and I ate some leftover chipotle chips that somehow made it from Washington, D.C. airport.. YUM!!

After our free wi-fi time ran out Nicole and I went across the hall to our apartment and began unpacking our clothes and putting them in the closets so we would not have to live out of our suitcases the entire time we are here. I took a melatonin and fell asleep about an hour an a half later. Nicole said she tossed and turned all night hearing every single little noise and didn't fall asleep until 5am.

On a side note when Prakash dropped us of there were about eight police cars in our apartment complex outside our rooms and we figured out that they are here for the world football cup or something like that. So I felt a little safer with them here all night :)

We set our alarms for 9am because Nicole and Liz had to be at their schools at 10am and the rest of the girls and I are free to check out our school whenever we want today. We decided to check it out as soon as we're ready so we can get on with our day and enjoy the sun and beach as much as possible today. We're getting wi-fi and go-phones today so that we will be able to communicate with each other and people here.

Right now I am sitting here typing this while the Alabama girls get ready to go check out the school we will be teaching at. Since I don't drink soda and too scared to try the water, I figured I'd give these "honey & almond Rusks" and milk a shot. I would describe them as brick cookies... letting one soak in the milk as I wrote the entire first paragraph. They're pretty good once they get a little softer. We're going to the grocery today so we will get to buy some juices and fruit finally!

It's Friday the 18th, 10:43am here as Im writing this and 3:43am at home but I think the melatonin is really going to help me with jet lag because I don't feel tired at all! Will post again soon!!

Some of the police cars out our front window


there are separate spouts on the sinks.. one for hot one for cold..




Nicole and I's closet




Interesting Nutrition facts


No comments:

Post a Comment