Saturday, January 19, 2013

He went to Jared!!!!

The day is finally here for us to leave the states and begin our two month journey in South Africa!! I'm writing this on my 17 hour plane ride which surprisingly is not so bad. There is a little tv on the back of the seat infront of me where I can watch a selection of about 150 movies (really good options btw) and television shows. I watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Juno, Trouble with the Curve, and an episode of Modern Family on the first half of the flight. We were served a really yummy dinner with a choice of beef or pasta (I of course chose pasta). It was delicious. Alcohol is free on South African Airways so I enjoyed a gin and tonic to help me fall asleep a little faster. Our flight stopped in Dakar at around 5am SA time, dropped a couple people off and continued our flight to Johannesburg. I passed out after that stop but we were also served breakfast which I didn't take because I was still full from dinner and we were served lunch an hour before we landed. We landed in Johannesburg at about 5pm SA time and boarded our flight to Port Elizabeth at 19:55 (7:55pm). Customs in South Africa were amazingly EASY to get through we didn't even realize it was customs. Our professor from Nelson Mandela University was there waiting for us with a smile :)
Such a HUGE plane!
One of the meals we were served.. yummy!
Oh and you're probably wondering why this post is called "He went to Jared"! Because just as I was saying goodbye to everyone in Cincinnati my boyfriend Joey slipped me a small bronze box with a bow into my pocket and said "Don't open until the plane!" So as soon as our flight for Washington boarded I ripped that baby open and there it was a beautiful diamond ring!!!!! No note or anything so as soon as I landed in Washington D.C. airport I called Joey to say THANK YOU!!! No, it is not an engagement ring.. he said it was just my first beautiful diamond from him!! I love it!!


My pretty ring! I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment